Application: Project Manager / Occasional Openings - (K Machine)
K Machine works in the fast-paced "steam turbine repair and parts manufacturing" area of the power generation industry. We are a rapidly growing business. We often experience a surge in demand for employees with certain skill-sets during the fall and spring, which are peak "outage" windows for power plants. During these times "all hands are on deck", making it difficult to conduct recruiting. However, we do keep a "short list" of qualified candidates for various positions on hand. If your skill set and experience matches the below job description, we encourage you to submit your resume for future consideration. If a position opens and we feel you are a good match, we will contact you for an introduction.
Project Engineer / Project Manager
The ideal Project Manager candidate has experience and familiarity in the repair and refurbishment of power plant steam (and gas) turbines, and detailed knowledge of steam turbine valve dis-assembly / component inspection, refurbishment and repair. The candidate does not necessarily need to be graduate engineer.
- Planning, monitoring, follow-up, and determining if component refurbishment or manufacture is being executed per specified workscope, quality, schedule and budget
- Preparing data packages (Routers, Work Instructions, Data Sheets, Drawings) as required to successfully refurbish components as per workscope and PO details
- For each project, provide milestone schedules (Gantt chart creation) and conduct daily updates via conference calls on job progress with customers
- Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of direct customer interface and coordination involving multiple projects
- Act as liaison between shop supervisor and customer within or outside the organization
- Provide technical direction in the areas such as root cause analysis, acceptance criteria, and technical support of non-conformance dispositions and/or corrective actions
- Ability to competently the various aspects of reverse engineering steam turbine components
- Should have a basic understanding and use of CAD (Auto Cad, Solid Works) customization of models and detailed drawings of turbine parts
- Ability to understand and work with configuration management of drawings as well as storage of required Quality Documentation
- Ability to write specifications and interpret common aspect of manufacturing prints
- Must be able to co-operation with all team members and interface well within the team during potential very complex projects
- Provide technical coordination and supervision of sub-suppliers related to the performance of component refurbishment and manufacturing
- Support "continuous improvement of procedures" and instructions within applicable data packages
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products including MS Project
- Share appropriate project experiences and knowledge with lesser-experienced engineers
- A Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred but not required depending on specific experience
- 7 to 10 years of experience in power generation, aero-space, manufacturing or other directly-applicable industry
In compliance with Federal and State Equal Employment Opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status or non-job-related disability.
In Case of Emergency, please notify
Terms & Agreement
This certifies that this application was completed by me. All information on this form is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize The MacAljon Family of Companies, or its designated agent to make such investigations and inquiries as necessary and required by law of my personal information, employment, information, educational/training information, or any other information provided on this form related to the job for which I am being considered. I hereby release The MacAljon Family of Companies, or its designated agent , previous employers, schools, and all related parties from all liability in responding to inquiries and authorize the release of information in connection with my application for employment. In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge. I understand that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the Company as well as those of all Local, State, and Federal governing agencies.