Our Safety Program
Our Focus Is Accident Prevention
OSHA and MSHA are our bare minimum standards for workplace safety. We employ full-time safety specialists who evaluate every project and location where we work to ensure that safety is always the top priority. Our accident frequency rates are among the lowest in the industry.
2015-2016 Experience Modification Factor - 0.93
2014-2015 Experience Modification Factor - 0.71
We use a documented safety program that is actively and continuously updated as new requirements evolve throughout the year. We also conduct over 4,000 hours of safety-specific training each year. The components of our safety program are driven by the diversity of our projects as well as customer-specific requirements. The basics of our program include:
- Aerial Lift / Forklift / Confined Space / Fall protection / Line Breaking
- Rigging / Basic Electrical Safety / Lock Out - Tag Out / Fire Watch
- Hearing conservation / protection / MSHA New / Experience Miner Training
- OSHA 10 and 30 Hour Construction Safety
- Scaffolding Safety / Site specific PSM training
- Respirator Use / Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hazard Communication
We conduct 12 panel drug screening and 7-10 year background checks as a standard for employment. Our staff carry CCS or MICCS cards and are renewed yearly. We also employ TAPPISAFE and PowerSafe training. We do everything in our power to prevent and eliminate hazards and risks, thereby reducing potential for injury for everyone.